View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: According to Dow Theory - Bear Market

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah unless you happened to choose RIMM, GOOG or 100's of other stocks up from 100% to over 200% in the last 12 months

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone could quote some stocks from any market that would have been 10-baggers or more if they "happened to" choose them.

I'm not discussing anything radical here. I just replied to someone who was assuming that the US market has been a good place to invest for foreigners except over the last few months.

The quick data I quoted suggests that other markets would have given far superior returns over the last few years. I'm talking about the broad market and not a few cherry-picked examples of out-performance.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides there is a near zero probability that 95% of the worlds investors are invested in index funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never suggested they were, but I still believe that 95%+ of investors would be better off of they were.

The data I quoted was from index funds since they give a fair representation of the opportunities available. Most investors can't invest in "the market" but in a fund with additional currency exposure which has been a real drag for foreigners investing in The US.

I think you keep spinning my points to mean something else.