View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Mini-Trip Report: Artichoke Joes’ new no-limit game.

[ QUOTE ]
i might go play this game on friday night or something - i just turned 21 two months ago and AJ's is only 20 minutes from me - score!

but anyways, i've never played a time-rake game. how does that work? do you have to pay 6 dollars from your stack every half hour? that sounds like a lot to me, paying $12/hour to play 1/2 nl.

actually, nevermind. i just worked out the math, and it looks like the time charge costs about the same or slightly less than a raked game, assuming the average rake/pot is like $4.

but yeah, how does time-charge work? if i sit down like 10 minutes before they're about to collect a new time charge, do i have to pay $6 now and another $6 in 10 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than play guesswork with the specifics, I decided to copy and paste from a website the rules of time collection:

Time Collection (and other stuff regarding rake) from Caro and Cooke's Rules of Real Poker

[ QUOTE ]
TIME COLLECTION
Time collections are paid by each player to the dealer when due, usually when the dealer enters the box. Time collections are always paid in advance. A typical time charge might be $5 per half hour at one limit, $7 per half hour at a higher limit. When time collection is due, each player shall post the amount of the collection in front of him, and the dealer shall collect it starting with the player immediately to the dealer's left. In some stud games time is taken from the antes. The dealer will make the collection immediately after pulling the antes into the pot area. The dealer shall take collection from the stack of any player not at the table. A player who enters a game within five minutes after time is collected (when paid in half hour increments) shall be required to pay time. A player entering more than five minutes after time is collected shall not be required to pay time. Time shall be not be pro-rated. If a game breaks within fifteen minutes after collection, the last time collected shall be refunded to the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope it helps.

Garland