View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Comments on a hand from this past weekend in Vegas - $1/$2 NL

This past weekend I went to Vegas with some friends for a nice weekend of gambling. I actually got into an argument with a friend on the following hand and am curious what you guys think of this. We were sitting at the same table and I watched the action unfold. Anyway, without further ado, here it is.

$1/$2 NL, 10-handed

Stacks
SB: ~$200
Button (my friend): ~$500

My friend is a fairly loose player and has played quite a few pots so far. The SB seems to be a solid player, very tight, played on 1 or 2 hands per orbit.

Action folds around to the button who raises to $12. SB reraises to $42 and the button calls.

Flop ($85) - 2h 9c 9s

SB bets $50, button thinks for a little bit and reraises to put the SB all-in, SB insta-calls.

Both players flip over their cards, SB flips over KK and the button flips over TT. The turn is a blank and a T comes on the river, giving the button a boat.

I was happy for my friend that he won the pot despite bigtime sucking out, but we talked about it later and he insisted that he was making the right play, proud of his aggressive raise. I told him that I thought it wasn't a good play to reraise all-in on the flop with a pair of tens. My logic is that the button is a tight player with a range of most likely JJ+, possibly AK but I doubt it. The reraise all-in scares off only AK, the most remote possibility of the SB's range. That leaves my friend WB nearly all the time. What do you guys think?