View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:10 AM

Default Re: LC: Post #5,000 - Ask me whatever

[ QUOTE ]
how did you get do to those cool things having a BA in econ? like the movie script thing. im getting a BS in econ and dont have cool connections like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The transcription job, I found that on Craigslist. I live in the NYC area so there are always a lot of weird/cool jobs here, especially in the "ETC" section.

Anyone with a high school diploma can become a real estate agent. You just have to take a course and pass a test. I worked with one of the top rental agencies in Manhattan but I had to start from the bottom, which was a lot of work for very little money. I didn't mind at the time cuz I just wanted to keep myself busy, and I was meeting a lot of cool people at the same time. The people who look for apartments in Manhattan were generally pretty wealthy, as the rents are pretty high in the city, and I got cool offers and stuff all the time. e.g. one time, I found an apartment for a woman who was an assistant producer for the David Letterman show and she offered me a couple of tickets (which I politely/stupidly turned down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). One of my co-workers got a blwjob.

Copy editing I think is the most tedious job I've had. Have to be really detail oriented and check all facts. If I had to copy edit a news article, I had to check all questionable proper names in Google to make sure they were spelled correctly, and also some writers have such bad sentence structure that I basically had to rewrite their article for them. But I'm really glad that I got to do this because I learned a lot about grammar and punctuation. Stuff that I use every day and even in this thread, e.g. there's usually a comma before the word "which," punctuation usually goes inside quotation marks, difference between "e.g." and "i.e."