View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: NFL Week 10 Sunday Night Football: Colts@ Chargers

I'm not going to be the guy that overreacts to one atrocious game and says cut the kicker now. But Jesus [censored] Christ. When you have a noodle for a leg and haven't had a touchback or a 50+ yard FG since the Clinton administration, you had better be really [censored] accurate with the short ones or else you don't deserve to have a job. I'm not sure Vinatieri is accurate enough on the short ones to justify his having a job, and I'm damn sure he's not worth the money we're paying him. We're stuck with Vinatieri for 2007 and hopefully we can find a bargain basement kicker after that. Whatever though, Bill Polian has made enough brilliant moves over the years that it's not fair for me to bitch about the awful Vinatieri signing.

Anyway, really nice game by the Chargers defense to get consistent pressure with a four-man rush and bottle up the run. The six picks were mostly the Colts running bad but when you get that kind of pressure it at least makes it possible for Manning to have a game like that. That team has a 0% chance at winning the Super Bowl unless they find an offense, but with a defense that can make plays they have a chance to steal a game or two. GG.