View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: 50NL: 2-pair facing a shove on the flop vs. a donk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You raised preflop, so he has to assume that this board probably hit you pretty hard. I think this c/overshove is his way of trying to maximize value here, before any more cards could come and kill his action. I'd fold this

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my initial thought, but do you think fish like this guy would think on that level? I guess it's possible. If he puts me on a top pair or 2 pair type hand and flopped a monster, don't you think he'd try to extract more value from me rather than just shoving?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if this guy is a superdonk, my guess is that he realizes that this is more often than not a good flop for our hand. That being said, is he sophisticated enough to make the play, given that he thinks you probably like this flop, to overshove in hopes to get you to call against his monster?

On the other end of the spectrum, maybe he has a hand like 10 9, KQ, KJ, or even JJ that he doesn't really know how to play postflop, so he just overshoves so he won't have to make any more hard decisions.

I think if we call, we're most likely a coinflop at best, and drawing to a 4outer more of the time.