View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: 1-2NL Hand At The Taj

Preflop:
- I'd probably raise more preflop (15ish) but this depends on your table a bit.
- Depending on the villain I'd consider 4-betting it preflop. It sounds like this guy isn't tight enough that his 3-bet could be lots of hands. Something like making it 80 or 90. If you get re-raised again its probably a fold. I hate playing Qs out of position so I think its ok to try and win it here.

Flop:
- As played I'd consider check/raising here. Since he's aggressive you know he's going to bet this flop almost always. I think making it 150 to go is perfect here. If you get called then you can re-evaluate, but given your description of villain I think you're good getting money in the pot.
- Notice how much easier this flop is if you'd raised preflop. He's a maniac so his preflop action doesn't mean he has a monster. Since you say he calls light you could probably push this flop and still be +EV.

Turn:
-Horrible card. As played I'd probably fold here. The A is the one card you really really didn't want to see. I think this is a really big mistake.

River:
- As played this is an easy call. You're getting almost 4:1 and villain isn't tight enough to fold getting these odds. I also think this is a really big mistake.

Also, you should post this in Full Ring under PL/NL Texas Hold'em. We need more live hands posted there. Plus you're likely to get good feedback from players better then me.