View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: final table hand

thanks, i figured as much.. dan harrington says you should gamble with any two with an M of under 5 and first in vig, but i think at tighter tables, the M threshold is more like 3, and Q plays a more important role at the final table. i mean, i am 3rd in chips. but the prize structure definitely begs for going for 1st, and that's how i play anyway. i pushed.

if i were to steal the blinds in this spot i might not actually push. these guys were playing so tight i could pick a number to raise and get away from the hand if he were to move in and i were getting less than 2.5:1 on a call. as long as he knows i'm not sizing my raise for this purpose, i don't mind a raise/fold with an M of 4-5 in this situation. it hurts your image but the next time you raise you'll have to push because you will be dangerously close to the dead zone. feedback?

p.s. in THIS case pushing is more correct because you'd love a coinflip, you have a pair heads up, and maybe he'll even call with A5 given your image. plus you don't want to play a pot out of position with a hand like this, which justifies a larger raise. ok i'm done.