View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Time to justify my name ....

" .... small government, a humble foreign policy and personal liberty. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Republican platform.. especially Reagan/Taft Republicans."

Taft ? You mean the isolationist Neanderthal, who died in 1954 or so, is relevant to today's political discussions / He was left behind under Eisenhower's Presidency.

As for "personal freedom", the "Reagan Republicans" definitely included the Evangelical Right, the bane of personal freedoms. But, you probably knew that.

Also, Reagan was pretty damn aggresive in foreign policy, hardly humble.

Maybe you meant Barry Goldwater Republicans.

Nevermind though, because you apparently have missed the Republican administration of George Bush these past few years. Deficits ? Aggressive foreign policy ? Personal freedom ?

You think the operative Republican platform is anything other than "Scrap the Constitution/personal freedom, to better fight against terrorism for oil and for God's Will, as revealed to whom ? .... in your dreams, maybe.

Wake up Sonny. Bush's "humble" foreign policy and the push against online gaming are clearly Republican driven. He is your standard bearer, unless you prefer Dick Cheney maybe.

I may be a bit confused, as you say, but you are at least 40 years out of touch with the Republican record.