View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Step 4: Whats your shoving range?

My initial reaction was that this push seemed kind of nutty. But given Timex's reputation, and given I'm been meaning to try to learn how to use SitNGo Wizard for the steps, I threw this scenario into the tool (changing blind and payout structures to match those of the steps, etc.)

Assuming I did it correctly, EqP% = 24.31%, while EqF% = 24.36%. So it's super super close, but a fold.

This assumes a default "avg player" for the SB (calling range = 66+, AT+, A9s+) & BB (calling range = 88+, AQ+, ATs+).

When you change the ranges for both to "very tight", EqP% = 24.60%, while EqF% = 24.32: apparently making it a profitable play. Very tight for SB = 99+, AQ+, while very tight for BB = TT+, AQ+.

However, SNG Wiz recommends that the edge differential must be greater than 0.35 to make this move... In this case the delta is 0.28, so it says fold.

SNG Wiz identifies profitable push range (assuming "avg" opponents) as TT, AQ off, AQ suited, with the edge differential > 0.35.

Interesting because I didn't think it'd be so close. I guess Timex has a computer in his head or something...