View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: The Better Intelligence-Religion Correlation

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, would this be esentially what the agnostic athiest would think:

I do not know if there is any higher power or not, but in my opinion, there is not.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliffs: There wouldn't be an ultimate power, but an infinite regression of power.

Well, yes and no.

The concept is that there is no ultimate God, but a succession of intelligences without end. So omnipotence would be illogical.

The agnostic atheist who understands the infinite would see there is no God, but a hierarchial progression. It's not a simple concept, and in this day and age, people are beginning to grasp quantum mechanics. There isn't a complete solution yet. The thing is, there will never be.

That's my personal take on it anyway. I assume there already or will be a type Omega civilization (see Kardashev Scale) and that such an intelligence exists or will exist. And the power and talent set of such is limitless. The universe itself is just a closed mathematical set in their understanding.

And that perception of time isn't linear but an expanding solution set with interconnections appproaching infinity but never getting there.

I see basic deity-based religion as a panacea for individuals that have not come to terms with their own individual death and need to grasp at that to allay their fears of such.

Just thoughts from an agnostic atheist. Felines have it simpler.