View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: LC: Post #5,000 - Ask me whatever

[ QUOTE ]
what would be the difference maker in turning yourself from an average winner into the top ranks?

[/ QUOTE ]
For me to become a top player, I'd have to plug all my leaks, hand read better, take advantage of good spots more often, and in general be more ruthless and instill fear into my opponents.

[ QUOTE ]

what skills separate the top players from the so-so players? rank skills needed to be a winning player from most important to least important

[/ QUOTE ]
The abilities to hand read well and exploit opponents' leaks/tendencies separate the big winners from the marginal winners. Also, not spewing (cbetting too often, bluffing too often, etc.) makes a big difference in win rate.

[ QUOTE ]
when moving up in stakes, at what what jump (ie. 33's to 55's) did you find it the hardest? why did you think it was the hardest?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't have any problems moving up because I was overbankrolled for every level, but it was tough to handle the variance of $215s. 20-25 buyin downswings at the $215s are pretty painful (and common).

[ QUOTE ]
how you become better at multi-tabling sng's?

[/ QUOTE ]
Practice. SNG decisions are like "flash cards" - in a certain spot, you should know what you're going to do with every hand and be able to make the decision in under a second.

For example, if you're in the CO with a t1500 stack at 100/200, before your hand is dealt you should be thinking, "Okay, if I get 22+,A7+,K8+,Q9+,J9+, I'm going to shove. But if someone raises before me, I can only reraise with 88+,AJ+ and fold everything else" (ranges are not accurate). So once you see your hand, you will be able to make the decision as if it were a flash card.

For a beginning SNG player, I would recommend that he plays 1 or 2 tables to start, with SNGPT open, and play with the ranges in game. After doing this enough, it'll be like second nature.