Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: NFL Week 10 Sunday Night Football: Colts@ Chargers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys, this is the same guy that has 3 TDs in the past 2 games....hes allowed to run it out. Offensive players suck at tackling and its a possible huge play. That possible reward is worth the 15 yard loss.

100,009 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're not taking into account the difficulty of starting on the 5, or the chance of fumbling it again. It's a no brainer play to take the knee, and all his coaches would say as much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh, I would have thought it was a no-brainer to always take it out pretty much no matter what. The reward>>>the risk. I think you guys are being sort of results oriented. How often does he not get it past the ten or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not at all results oriented. Starting at the 20 is a clear advantage when you're in your own endzone and it's not a situation where you jump the ball. Why do you think you frequently take a knee on a kickoff ? Those guys aren't even close to you yet, and you decide it's not worth the break out. In this case you're already surrounded by guys. You kneel. Starting at the 1-5 in the nfl is super tough. Starting at the 20 is a big advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are a kick coverage team and not a bunch of offensive players who dont know whats going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

They knew enough to stop him at the 5....

These are still all pro guys here...

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I apologize for calling you results oriented.