View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Does the PPA need 2+2?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi canvasbck:

[ QUOTE ]
That goal will be reached MUCH easier if organizations like 2+2, the PPA, CP mag, and whoever the [censored] else can help will work together.

[/ QUOTE ]

We would very much like to be able to work with the PPA and have certainly cooperated with them in some areas. (An example is allowing their officials to post here unrestricted as long as they identify themselves and their positions.) But we also feel, as I just mentioned in my other post, that the concerns we have might eventually hurt the cause, not help it.

As I also mentioned in one of the other recent threads, since these boards are now read by many people, some of whom may be representing non-friendly entities, I won't list out our concerns here. In fact, I'm little uncomfortable with making this post at all since we don't want to damage the PPA. However, we are trying to do what's right and what's best for poker in the long run. We're not being motivated by profit though I agree that easy access to Internet poker would certainly be to our benefit.

best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the better posts you have made on this topic. As a PPA member, I would really like to know what issues there are with the PPA that could adversly affect our plight. I understand why you will not post that publicly, but if you could outline these problems in a PM with possible action items, it would be greatly appreciated. I REALLY want to see the PPA succeed, if there are problems with the board hampering that effort, I want to know about it. If it is just the pizzing contest that many here believe it is, then I want the involved parties to get over it and quit fighting each other, save your battles for Heir Frist. If there are legitimate hurdles within the PPA, I will be doing all that my insignifigant azz can do to change/remove those hurtles.

I'm a resident of Texas that is several hours from legal poker (and it's at the Isle of Crappy). Local underground rooms have a capped rake of $10 per pot in 1/2 NL!!!!!! I have a definant vested intrest in seeing the return of the fishies to the internet.