View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: 25k at the 60s in 1 month challenge (Oct props)

[ QUOTE ]
Josem,

"At no point did SpaceGravy actually ever have 25k profit in his Stars account"

Well then he didn't peak at over 25k.

I was responding to the seemingly large number of people that think that if he had (actually) peaked at 25k+ and then lost down to 24.something thousand that he would not have won... which makes zero sense.

The bet was whether he could make 25k in 30 days... anyone arguing that a post-25k downswing would affect that is an idiot, imo... that's basically like saying that if he won 40k in 29 days, then had a 16k downswing somehow on the last day that he didn't prove it's possible to make 25k in 30 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you.

[ QUOTE ]
since spacegravy was running his tables continuous, i assume, and sharkscope imports 1 at a time, i assume, then at one point he did achieve it +$25k at one point, including his stars account.

[/ QUOTE ]

No - because at 10.30:23pm (or whatever hypothetical time) Sharkscope showed he had profit of $25,156 (or whatever amount).

At that moment, he still was playing 14 or so tournaments (since he had just won one to give him the profit to above $25k), and his stars account had ($25,156 - (14*60)) profit in it.

By contrast, if he was just one-tabling, he would have cleared $25k profit, since he would have had no money in play at that moment.

Of course, this is just trivia (in the most literal sense of the word) but that's what internet discussion forums are all about.