View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: EDF Halloween/Paranormal thread

In 1996 my dog became very sick very suddenly. He had to be put down, after he had been moved to the hospital at the local college of veterinary medicine, which is very much like a human hospital and has that "hospital smell" that you cannot mistake.

Afterward, my wife (at the time) and I were very upset, and did not want to go home. We ended up having dinner with two good friends who were also huge "animal people" and had sort of a celebration of his life (he was a great, great dog). Sounds weird, I know.

Anyway, we got home at maybe 8 o'clock at night. As soon as we walked into the apartment door, the smell of the vet hospital hit us in the face, thick, heavy, unmistakable. We had not been home since we'd left the hospital maybe 4 hours before. Both of us recognized it immediately. It is unlike any smell that would ever normally be in our apartment. We'd never smelled anything like it there before, and never smelled it again afterward.

I have no explanation for this event, but both of us experienced it, and it was, as I said, unmistakable.