View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: you must be incapable of analytical thought....

I really dislike the rude answers here.
Thinkards great work keep it up, this forum has enough garbage lately.
To be honest I don't think your thread is all too interesting (this is High Stakes so your input has to compete with posts of Jman and others) but nonetheless worth reading.
Imho in the stated scenario I like a fold because without reads I would as a default assume that he is not folding to a shove after his huge raise all that often thus our foldequity isn't too great (I'd much rather play for stacks against a 600-700$ raise).
With the given stacksizes our hand becomes more of a try to shut out hands than to actually believe in a race situation.
Due to the huge reraise I would assume that this aim won't be reached frequently enough to make a semibluff useful and since we barely ever have our full 15 outs (more often 9 or less) with these stacks and our little investment, staying out of trouble should be the best line.
A little stove example: against a reasonable range of hands (few flushdrawcombos, all sets and straights: JJ-99,KQs,KcJc,QcJc,Q8s,87s,KQo,87o) we should average ~36% equity thus making a fold far superior.