View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila

Out of interest, is this cheating, angle shooting or totally acceptable when the other person asks you if its you or if you are chatting to people on AIM/Skype etc and the person lies in response to them?

-----

I feel uncomfortable with the concept, but i dont think my opinion is important as im not remotely close to those stakes and i dont think ive got the mentality i could ever play that high anyway even assuming i bridged the skill gap.

CTS in his blog, about a week back, linked to a good 2+2 thread started by Jman a while back. I dont have the link but its easy to find. Basically it was a hand Jman played against Roland de Wolf, where by about halfway into the thread it became clear that everyone accepted that though the account belonged to Roland the player behind it was Patrik Antonius.

If i were in Jmans shoes (ie, i was just a random fish who sat down with Roland) i would be totally pissed that instead of someone who probably has an edge over me im playing HU with the person who is said to be the best heads up player.