View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: What is the most tragic thing you\'ve ever had to deal with

My junior year of college one of my roommates (who was one of my best friends) hanged himself in our apartment. We woke up to find him one morning during the week. My parents and brother came down that afternoon to pick me up and take me away from campus for a few days. When we got home that night, we found out my grandmother had a serious stroke. They didn't expect her to live.

We drove up to Wisconsin the next morning to visit her. She was very out of it and we pretty much had to "say goodbye." She made a miraculous recovery that weekend and after my friends' funeral i went back to school. I came home two weeks later to spend an afternoon with my grandma, then went back to school. The next week I got a call from my dad that said she had suddenly died.

The rollercoaster of emotions that I went through that 3 week stretch is pretty hard to describe. It took the rest of that semester to really start to feel like myself again. In some ways, I still don't feel the same way I did before all of htat happened.

tc