View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Blackwater: Did anyone hear this???

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, noone but Blackwater seems to say they were shot at.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually quoted the relevant info in my post. I'll quote it again.

[ QUOTE ]
"To say Blackwater was the only source of information for this investigation is completely false," the security official added. U.S. officials declined to say who else was contacted as part of the probe or to provide any details about the assertions of Blackwater guards that they came under fire.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, shouldn't they have been aware that there were armed security guards guarding the building across the street? They're supposed to be highly trained, did they just ignore their presence/didn;t see them before the shots allegdly rang out? I find that hard to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

In some perfect world? Sure. In the real world, no. They probably didn't even see the guard until he stood up yelling at people on the street and waving his rifle around. This isn't hard to believe at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Also for a "friendly fire" case their spokesperson's defence of "well-aimed shots" is callous beyond belief.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't callous at all. It's in response to accusations that the Blackwater guys are cowboys who just blast away killing innocent Iraqis at random.