View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul nuts, please read the last paragraph of this article

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the way that the articles says "Economists Debunk 'Amero' Story", and then proceed to not debunk it in the slightest. It's basically a few random economist opining "Eh, it'll never happen." How that is supposed to constitute a "debunking" is unclear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another RIDBP. They give the reasons why it won't happen, and they arent "random economists". Next think you'll be linking to the Amero coin thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another no-content Copernican attack. No, I guess it wasn't "random economists", it was one non-random economist, an economist for the CFR (lol), author of a very friendly text on fiat monetary integration. When the only source cited is the pro-monetary integration guy from the CFR saying, "Nothing to see here folks, move along", I tend to be skeptical.

And the "reasons why it won't happen", that the member states would never go for it because of national sovereignty concerns and that it would necessitate a single central bank that would be politically infeasible, are EXACTLY the reasons that were given for why the European Union and the Euro would "never happen."

Ironically, all you need if you want monetary integration is to go back to the gold standard. We had total world monetary integration in the 19th century, not surprisingly the most sustained period of international peace and prosperity in the history of the world. Strangely enough, as soon as states started installing central banks and going off the international gold standard warfare of unimaginable scale broke out. States could suddenly finance their international aggression and hide the true cost, at least for a few years.