View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: ******** November Omaha Low Content Thread ********

TY Cmyr. OH NO, I certainly am in NO WAY thinking I am able to support myself on poker at this time.

LOL I was only making the comment of moving out if I were to win 10K or so, and it was with in mind of also having a REAL job.

I do , as you put it, have extremely limited experience. I have completely unreasonable expectations of myself as well. I go in everytime expecting to win which is both good and bad.

I am actually starting a job next week and so I will be earning money outside of just poker. I don't really think I will be able to rely on a poker income any time in the near future. My best shot at something like that is to win a large tournament and have a significant bankroll.

I certainly do believe I need at least a year (like you said) to actually be a "good" player. Also I haven't done nearly enough study or played nearly enough hands to be considered a real poker player yet. I only have about 29K hands played of cash PLO which I know some serious players have done in a single month.

I agree it is not a good idea to tell my Dad about my poker hobby at this time. Even if I win a great deal of money this will not soften the blow [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. He won't really approve of it regardless of the amount of money I win, but I figured that if I have a large bankroll and am able to support myself with it, he won't really have any control in the matter.

Also I did not intend on quitting school. It sounds like you may have thought this was a part of my plan, but I intend to get my degree LOL even though I am not entirely sure what I am going to do with it when I get it.

Thanks for the concern and I will TRY to heed your warning because I can get a bit overtly excited and not look at the long term.