View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: JJ facing ALL IN $6.5 turbo

[ QUOTE ]
Lion King: Was that hand you post against OP villian ? If not it is irrelevent.

[/ QUOTE ]

You miss my point. We can't tell a push range of a player just by his stats. In my experience 6.5's, even with stats like described villain push with really wide ranges. I posted a 77 hand, I could have posted others, with other weak holdings. They are all irrelevant since no villain is the same and all have different ranges. We can't assume villain here is any different from the rest, but we can't assume he is the same either. I have a standard expectation of a $6.5 player. If I'm off then I make a note and won't do it again.

My whole point is: there is no reason to put him on a different range then another $6.5-er purely based on his stats. In this case it ain't even relevant since we have JJ and will call.

I don't think I made my point about 2.5bb clear. I never bet 2.5bb with JJ with the intention to fold to a shove. I raise to 2.5bb with every hand to be able to get away cheaper from the bottom end of my range. So if I, for instance, raise utg with 99+ and AK and a good player who knows this reshoves I can fold 99 and TT. Just an example. If, in the same example I have AA I also raise to 250 so people never know whether I have 99 or AA. If I raise 400 with JJ, 350 with QQ, 300 with KK and 250 with AA I basically tell people what I have.