Thread: FTP Regs Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: FTP Regs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
you are winning at 28.82PTBB/100 though

[/ QUOTE ]

So that's the BB's won / 100 hands? What's a normal number for that statistic?

And as for playing too tight, it's just the way I like it. 3-betting even a loose bettor with something like JQ suited or AJ offsuite just seems wrong to me. I also don't like betting/raising mediocre hands from late position too much, there's still so many loose donks at NL 100 that I'll get called most of the time and with my bad postflop play just get into trouble. Also I hate playing OOP, especially heads-up, so unless I have a hand on the blinds I can comfortably 3-bet with I'm usually folding.

How important is it to play looser? I suppose that when I move up to NL 200 and higher it would be quite important in order to get more action, since I suppose more people are actually observing their opponents and/or have PT/PAhud. On NL 100 it's still very straightforward and there's so many fish I just like to play tight ABC poker.

But yeah, thanks for posting the stats. Is your sample size only 360 hands by the way? If anyone with more hands would care to reply it would be great. And as for my game, I'll try to focus on two things: loosen up my game a bit and improve my postflop game. I have a pretty strong feeling I'm still overplaying hands like TPGK/TPTK/overpairs way too much.