View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV 2007 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]

I find it really silly that a high WWSF is universally praised as the golden standard of a good player without any regard to game conditions whatsoever.

Barring an ultra tight preflop range, you're WWSF will be high if you bluff a lot. Bluffing a lot is optimal in games where your opponents fold too much. Versus opponents who call too much, the optimal style is to tighten up, bluff less and value bet made hands extremely hard, netting you less pots but more money.

Have I missed something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're pretty spot on. You obviously have to adjust to game conditions, but there are tags that are 22/17 with a 39% W$SF and tags with 22/17 44% W$SF. With identical stats and a higher W$SF without knowing much else about their game
- I'd bet money on the later guy making more money overall and being able to beat higher stakes sooner every time.

The same decisions and thought processes that you use when actively trying to win more pots postflop will improve your hand reading, understanding of how groups of opponents play, and make you more money longterm as long as you take it step by step.