View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Putting your foot in it

Talking with a guy I had just met in a bar one night, I said something about having lived in FL for a while, and then went off on what a hick infested rat of rednecks it was "Everyone had a confederate flag on their or hanging in front of their house, stupid racist hicks, they lost the war! Get over it!"
The guy just stands there and nods, and the conversation switches to something else. Later in the night he shows me the tattoo on his arm. Confederate flag.

This one wasn't me, but it makes me laugh... My brother's best friend fought in Iraq, and in the process was shot through the leg. It apparently blew a huge hole through his shin and he had to beg them not to amputate it. He had multiple surgeries and now he can even run again.

But anyway, about 6 months after he gets back he has a brace of sorts going all the way up his leg, and can get around on crutches, so him and my brother go to a diner to get some food.
When they come in, there's 3 sheriff's deputies sitting at the counter. One of them looks over at the friend and says, "Ooooh boy, I bet you'll never do THAT again!" My brother's friend looks the deputy in the eye and replies, "You're right sir. I will never again go to Iraq and get shot fighting for freedom."