View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul is not a historian, he is a politician!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paul lauded Ronald Reagan for challenging then Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to "tear down" the Berlin Wall in 1987. Paul said during the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis "we again talked to Gorbachev and worked something out. We removed missiles from Turkey and we avoided a nuclear holocaust."

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard Dr. Paul make this point numerous times and never have I heard him say "Gorbachev" instead of Kruschev. However, I have heard him make numerous slips of the tongue, because he, like me, often thinks faster than he can get his words out. Given that he was just talking about Gorbachev, according to your account, it is unsurprising that he accidentally swapped one Soviet Premier for another. It is also telling that any intelligent person can spot when things like this happen, and know what the person meant. It is only an incompetent boob that gets his panties in a bunch when someone makes an obvious slip of the tongue and thinks the slip is what that person actually believes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Boro,
Ron Paul was just on TV and he totally flip flopped. Now he thinks we talked to Kruschev in 1962. Clearly he is pandering to Midge.