View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: EDF Halloween/Paranormal thread

I had a dream where I was sitting in the middle row of my parent's minivan and my mom was driving. The front passenger seat was empty, which was strange, because if no one was there, I should be. I'm a bit foggy on the exact specifics of it leading up to the situation in the dream since it was 3 years ago, but we were driving on a curvy road on a mountain, with a forest beneath us. It's raining hard and my mom is upset for some reason. Something about a restaurant caused it. The car slips, falls off the mountain and starts tumbling through the air to the forest below. Everything started to go in slow motion. Right before we hit the ground, everything went black and I FELT myself leaving my body. It's still the most terrifying feeling I've ever experienced. Imagine your soul being ripped from your body.

Needless to say, I woke up covered in sweat and scared shitless. I did not go back to sleep that night. You're not supposed to be able to experience dying in a dream. That was the only time I ever had.

I told a lot of people about my dream, every specific of it.

2-3 months later, I'd mostly forgotten about it. My brother (14), mother and myself (18) were driving to Canada to visit family from Illinois. We were about two hours into the drive. We stopped at a rest spot to use the bathrooms and left shortly. I was sleeping in the middle row of the van and so I just stayed there. My brother was sleeping in the back row.

We go about 30-45 minutes until my mom wakes me up to ask if I want anything from a fast food drive through. It's raining. I tell her no and she continues to ask my little brother. He doesn't answer, so she tells me to wake him up. I get up, peek over... he's not there. No mom, not joking, he's not there.

Obviously, mom starts to freak out. We figure he must have left the car when she wasn't paying attention at the rest stop and she assumed she was in the back row sleeping. She gets directions to the local police station and books it there. About two minutes later we get there and go in. They say they'll dispatch someone close to the rest stop and we can go too if we like. Obviously, we go.

The rain starts to really pick up at this point. I get back in the middle row of the van out of habit. She gets on the highway, speeding and driving a little erratically because she's so upset. I don't think anything of the driving because it's not that bad, just fast, and I'm worried about my brother too. The dream hasn't even crossed my mind yet. A curve comes up on the highway, I look over... and there is a huge forest. HOLY [censored] MOM SLOW DOWN STOP STOP STOP STOP!!! I'd told her about the dream the day it happened. It only took a quick reminder of it before she remembers and is a bit shaken by it.