View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Does the PPA need 2+2?

Hi IFish:

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand: does 2p2 need the PPA? 2+2 LLC made it very clear around the time UIGEA was passed that it was simply a book publisher and not a lobbyist organization. If left to 2p2 alone there would never have been as strong a fight as the PPA is putting up (if there was a fight at all). I mean in no way to discredit 2p2, because as publishers of books on gambling they are simply the best, as is this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a misconception here that I want to correct. We hope that the PPA is successful, and we also hope that our concerns are not necessary.

On the other hand, we do believe that our concerns have the potential to become significant and therefore damage the cause as they are better understood by those entities which want to see online poker and Internet gambling in general severely restricted. So that's why we are only neutral towards this organization even though we do share the same goals.

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind the "Poker Explosion" happened AFTER Moneymaker won the WSOP by entering an ONLINE satelite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. The poker boom was already well underway when Moneymaker won the WSOP. It began shortly after the World Poker Tour shows were first broadcast, and I have the records to prove it. Our book sales began to rise significantly in May, 2003, and then they went crazy in June, 2003. However, Moneymaker's win certainly didn't hurt things, and in my opinon did contribute to continued growth.

Best wishes,
Mason