View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: you must be incapable of analytical thought....

Your hand screams KQ obviously and this is important for the rest of the hand as people are unwilling to lay down the nut straight to at least one bet afterwards. I don't like my play post flop, on the board which screams a number of made hands but whatever you have sprung your trap and check raised me.

I really don't like the all in I've got no pot odds for this and virtually no fold equity because you are committed to a set with the odds you have for filling up and JT is very unlikely .

So basically what I'm left with is how good a player I think you are and how much you are going to pay me off if my flush card hits on the turn with me value betting the turn and river. I think you will pay me off one street with KQ (I can't see you folding this to a half pot size bet) but not enough to give me the correct implied odds. And you're right it does make a difference if you have $10k although it shouldn't because you've clearly demonstrated you know what you're doing.

Of course I could be really sick and tag you as a good enough player to fold to a shove if the flush card hits (you're hand is kinda face up here- note to other posters he doesn't have a lower flush draw). Call with ATC, flush card hits, check check check all in, you fold, I turn it over- valuable advertising. Anyway I digress.

To summarise, I probably fold here for the reasons mentioned above. Without pre empting this, unlucky, no you're right he didn't have pot odds to call.