View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Real Estate Market Timing

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the biggest flaw I can see is that you're using the 'real estate bubble' as a general, all encompassing aura. I'd say its a geographical one thats prominent in certain areas, rather then others. Breaking down by city isn't even enough; sometimes you need to go into a street by street comparison in order to find a good entry point.

One of the problems you'll run into is the same reason why most good macro predictor pundits aren't rich; because transforming a solid macro understanding into a money making idea is extremely difficult. If I were you, I'd start by developing a more solid micro philosophy on house, try and find certain areas where you may be able to find real estate 'arbitrage', work on becoming an expert in that niche, and use your macro knowledge to ensure you're not blind sided by a semitrailer when you make this investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW...very well put

For the record, my general investing area still hasn't even stopped GOING HIGHER!!!!

You could of bought a house 3 years ago if you wanted...you'd just of had to be more selective about where you bought (and possibly moved/changed states etc. don't know your personal life so that might not of been possible)

U.S. macro = bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

U.S. micro = more bad then good, but PLENTY of good left