View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 05:30 AM

Default Review of the first trial

Dan Dubois (posts as Ddubois here) stayed with me and we did the program from the 5th to 8th (I think those dates are correct?). I havent been able to post MY review of the situation until now, and although I want him to write something (positive or negative, it's all good =) ) I think just having any feedback is a positive thing.

So -

The first thing is that I did not structure the workshop - or atleast present it in the light from what I imagined - correctly. I used my lessons as the bulk of our discussion fodder, but it seemed most of the value of the live play was when Dan and I (at the end) actually DID a session together, since we were able to implement discussion topics (the theory) and apply them (the practice)>

another concern prior to the first workshop was that the material would be too much to condense into the weekend to just "understand". Again, having the client with the information from the get go, then using the beginning discussions as review and questions over that, would've solved this.

Another thing is that both of our sleep schedules got very messed up. Dan flew in from Hawaii, and I stayed up all night to pick him up because he got in early. He also didn't sleep much on the plane. So, from the start we were working tired, which resulted in a less efficient working environment. (And both of us were grumpy!)

I am not sure if I priced it right, either, because in my mind I pictured 20 hours (the ceiling) of work, whereas perhaps people were expecting more. (so, again, 3k is low)

One cool thing is I was able to hook up my laptop to my TV and show things from that, but we couldn't get it to work with Dan's computer. so, again, playing on a big screen is sweet for a sweating session.