View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 11/5 - Of Mouth and Men)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Ali doing more play-by-play than usual this week? It seems like he's talking a lot, covering up the table talk. I can see what they're doing without him telling me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed this when the players were talking about the vegas backdrop on the windows. It seemed like they wanted to cover that up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two separate points:
1) He seems to do some unnecessary play-by-play (e.g. the onscreen graphics show the bets so there's no need for him to tell us, covering up the table talk), and
2) Yes, it was clear that he was trying to cover up the talk about the fake Vegas view "windows." Ali has written that sometimes he talks to cover up things they aren't supposed to say on TV. I presumed that was things like talking about PokerStars instead of sponsor Full Tilt. I didn't know that the fakeness of the windows was something they felt needed to be concealed (did anyone believe they were real anyway?). This is the same production company that got Daniel to pretend to leave the HSP table to "replace Gabe in the broadcast booth." Would they go so far as to foist a play-money game on us as real, or do they limit their fictionalizing to the small stuff like the above?