View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Thoughts and results...

I like your thoughts regarding the flop check-raise, however, I don't think this is a good spot for it.

1) There is too much money in the pot. Players holding an Ace are going to call down even if they think theyre beat. Players with weak draws are going to call down because they have the odds to do so.

2) There are one too many players involved. Take away one player and I think you would have a better shot. Too many things have to go right for you to win against 3 players.

3) Make this a rainbow board and your play looks scary, but in this situation it looks a lot like your jamming a flush draw. The pro is probably thinking you don't have AA or KK since you didn't cap preflop, or AK for that matter. Since the pot is big and he has picked up a gutshot on the turn the pro is correct to think that he may have the best hand and if not, then he has a redraw to the best hand. His real fear is that you have A7 or 77(Does he think you would bet out with two pair or a set here?) I think it is also hard for him to put you on just an Ace since check-raising this flop would be a not so standard way of playing it.