View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: jokes you\'ve made IRL that flopped

funny thread for sure.

first thing that comes to mind for me:

i'm out at a restaurant for dinner w/ my gf at the time (of about 2 or 3 months, nothing serious) and her parents. they live in a different state, and don't see their daughter much, so they're basically chatting about people i dont know leaving me kinda out in the cold (i had only met her parents a couple times before, so its not like i was buddy-buddy with them). about half hour in, before we get our entrees, they're still talking up a storm, and my gf is basically ignoring me, leaving me in an awkward spot. by this point, i've put back a couple gin and tonics to get me through the night, and decided this girl isn't gonna last.

anyways, they start in on another story about one of her older uncles or great uncles, i dont remember. apparently, he had started losing his sight, and was legally blind, and was telling another family member he had lost his will to live. before my "gf" could react, i got in "thats too bad, i hate to see (emphasized) people in that state of mind". her father glared at her for 5 seconds, she kept her head down, i had another sip. not even a chuckle.