View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Winning in Tough Hold \'em Games

[ QUOTE ]
I know that the book is wonderful, but it is useless in games most people play, as very few players play at the level this book is written for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this book has relevance all the way down to 3/6 limit 6-max online.
Perhaps even down to 1/2 limit.

Can also be applied to many limit full-ring games online down to 3/6 or even 1/2 which seem to be tighter than ever. Not necessarily THAT tough. But you don't have nearly as many people practically trying to give their money away by playing 100% of their hands as you did just a few years ago.
You do have a bunch of players who fall anywhere between 11/2 to 20/12 though and you have tables that get folded around to late-position or the blinds an awful lot.

Lots of these games don't really fall under Ed Miller's SSHE as much imo. It can constantly get folded around to the HJ or CO and you are either going to be attempting to steal the blinds with your 55 or K8s or whatever or you are going to be defending your BB with those hands.
Those heads-up "should I steal or attempt to defend with this hand and how do I go about playing it post-flop?" type of situations are addressed extremely well in Stox's book.