View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Thoughts and results...

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't really see what is so nice about having position in this scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting him to make a correct a fold, or, when has a club, a correct call that puts you in a terrible spot bc you have no information.

[/ QUOTE ]

My information when CO just calls my check-raise is that I am exactly ahead of CO, and probably ahead of at least BB as I expect that LAG to check-raise any A. I can get Pro to make a correct fold? How about an incorrect call as well? I don't mind eliminating one of the players and taking position. When there's a big pot, many opponents, and I think I'm ahead, I'm trying to shoot them down like ducks in a shooting gallery.

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth do you not believe they have you beaten?

[/ QUOTE ]

As mentioned, I did not hear from them after CO's bet (sorry for the mistake on the other post), and I didn't hear from SB or BB after I check-raised either.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention laggy steaming BB who might decide to 3b a draw or worse, and then what are you doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Laggy was not sophisticated enough to 3-bet with a draw. And besides, I don't bet and raise my hands with a fear of getting raised or re-raised. I consider getting raised and 3-bet more information to deal with. If I get re-raised by CO, I'm toast...easy fold. No guessing games on the turn. If I get 3-bet by a blind, I have to re-evaluate. Considering the board and what I and Pro are representing, I'm pretty sure I'd be toast then too.

[ QUOTE ]
ROFLOL... A loose player and a LAG on a coordinated board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive I got SB off of a K, and he probably had enough equity to draw to the river.

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you had some live instinct read (and by your own admission your live instincts are prone to error), you have no evidence for thinking this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually kidding. Pro has a habit of looking at cards in turn, so no way of seeing the 3-bet coming. The others, did look early so I could sense them. I think I actually have a fairly good read on my opponents. Not "Antonio Esfandiari" good, but very, very good none-the-less. Yes, I was fairly certain no one had an A but me, but on the river, I didn't think I would get called by worse ever.

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I do appreciate them and they do cause me to think deeper, but I still think check-raising the flop is the right move here.

Garland