View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

Jack,

I suggested travel and hotel accommodations be provided for the larger events because it gives players more incentive to play them. Stars figures to do better when their players do well in main events than preliminary events publicity-wise.

All of my ideas and proposals don't necessarily come from the point-of-view of 'extracting all the value from Stars that we can'. In my opinion, it's not us against them. We're working together. We make money, they make money. And I definitely want them to make money; because they spend a pretty significant amount of it on advertising (all of those ESPN commercials aren't exactly cheap you know!), and that advertising brings more players into the game, then we both profit some more, etc.

That is why, with my E$ proposal, Stars isn't losing anything or giving VIPs any more than they otherwise would be doing. They are just giving us more options.

If you want to begin a march for more value from PokerStars then go for it. Although I would like a little bit more (you can read a lot of my previous posts on this subject), I at least recognize that Stars is currently offering the best deal on the market to high-volume players. If anything players should be pushing the market runner-ups to offer more so that the market would be more competetive.