View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Trip Report: The tables are open

I was at Mohegan this weekend and got to be among the first to play on these. My reaction was mixed, here are some details:

--Rake is standard 10% up to $4 on limit tables, and $5 per 1/2 hr time charge on NL, which is disappointing.
--Took a few minutes to link players card to PokerPro acct, get a PIN, etc. before I could load $$$ onto it, relatively painless.
--There were definitely more people gawking at the tables then actually playing at them...the whole time I was there, there was one full 1/2NL table, and one 3/6 Limit (which I played) which fluctuated between 4-10 players (partly due to people doing goofy things like only loading $40 on their card). There were a lot of attentive floorpeople explaining how to sign up, helping people get used to the play, etc., and even a couple of PokerPro reps helping out.
--The software does support Omaha (no word on stud yet) and can do SnGs, there are even a few 2-seat tables for HU SnGs.
--Software is nice and fast; it is nice to get in a decent number of hands/hr playing live for a change. It's really about as fast as one-tabling online. One annoying thing in the limit software is that the "fold" button on the touch-screen is the only one that has to be double-tapped, but no one seems to get this, so you get a lot of people angrily jabbing at the button 5 seconds later thinking it didn't register.
--The software has options to turn auto-muck off/on, and when showing cards, you can show just one card if you like. There's also a "fold and show" button when facing a bet HU.
--There was definitely less talking among players than at a normal human-dealt table (possibly just due to the lack of downtime between hands). My wife, who usually feels intimidated when playing live, felt much more comfortable at an e-table.