View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]
Government did not make space travel more cost effective. In fact a look at recent private endeavors in to space shows government did quite the opposite.

We CAN already produce energy from the sun! Oil is cheaper. The profit motive will insure companies explore ways to make solar more cost effective without Government interference. Did Government make computers more cost effective? Cell phones? Air travel? Over night delivery?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're confusing old solar tech with brand new nano solar tech. btw, the gov did get the computer industry started.

basically my point is that nano solar tech guys say they are gonna get there. no question about it. I'm just saying throwing money at the problem is better than throwing money away.

also if you hate the sun or whatever, you could make the same argument that the gov should do a lot (cut regulatory b.s. for one) to go nuclear, which would also cut CO2.

my point is that giving china money to buy their carbon credits won't reduce worldwide CO2, which is supposedly the problem, and it will cost a bunch of money.

but let me ask you this; in 5 years if solar has become cost competitive like the guy in the article says, would you want the government to tax you and give the money to china, or would you want the gov to do stuff to promote solar power?

see my point?