View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Thoughts and results...

Thoughts:

In my opinion the debatable streets are pre-flop and river. Here's a street-by-street analysis:

Pre-flop: Obviously my pre-flop decision was iffy. I definitely don't raise that hand from that position all the time. I contend if it's ok to raise from CO, it can't be absolutely horrible to do it from HJ. That said, I think it's better to fold it pre-flop. Enough said.

Flop: Interesting street. From playing with Pro long enough, I knew for certain a continuation bet was coming, no if ands or buts. Here's why I think a check-raise is superior to check-calling:

(1) I knew that Pro could not afford to wait with a monster like AK, KK or even a big A to pop me on the turn with the two other players left to act. If Pro had a big hand, a 3-bet was coming to attempt to blow the competition away (or charge max $$) and I have an easy, easy fold knowing I could be drawing dead.

(2) If Pro had QQ, JJ, TT or other pockets like that, one of two things will happen: One, Pro would be hard pressed to continue with these pockets without a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and then I buy my position, which would be nice. Two, I am charging these pocket pairs an extra bet to draw to a set.

(3) I didn't hear from SB or BB after CO raised, so I don't believe they have me beaten, or at the least they don't have a hand they are confident in, like A8s or something like that. A flop check-raise and turn continuation bet may actually get a better A off thinking I could have AK, and only peeling to see their kicker. However, I don't really believe anybody else had an A, but it's possible.

(4) I did not want to chance a turn check through, nor donk the turn. Yes, the flop check-raise was the way to go.

Turn: Easy continuation bet and fold to a raise. I put Pro on QQ or JJ to peel for the gutter, which Pro had odds to do. Maybe Pro had something like KQ/KJ.

River: I believed that CO would not call a bet, and BB would only call with a curious A better than mine, so the value was slim and I checked.

To pope: I don't think I have to worry about CO betting, BB check-raising to get me off a better hand because it simply doesn't happen around here. If it did happen, I was beaten.

Results:

Pro checked behind. BB had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the winner. Pro later claimed QQ.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Garland