View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul - clear on abortion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fetus, by contrast, didn't make any choices. The fetus is just there. It didn't choose to be in this womans womb, the woman choose to create him.

[/ QUOTE ] No, she chose to have sex, not to create a foetus, otherwise she wouldn't want to get it out of her body.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is like saying that someone chose to play poker but they didn't choose to lose. While technically true, it's the risk you take.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's true. But even so, I believe that a woman still has a right to choose not to have a foetus in her womb, even if she is aware of the risk that there might be a tiny chance that she will get pregnant even though she's on the pill (I don't think she has the right to have it killed, if it's avoidable, though).

Obviously, it is a huge moral quandary whether it is okay to have an abortion, and I don't think the decision comes easy to any woman. But ultimately, the choice should be hers and nobody else's.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only quandry is if the foetus is a human or not which really is a matter for doctors. After that it becomes very clear cut. If the foetus is property the woman can do what she wants if it's not she can't morally have an abortion. I'm hugely anti religious but sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut. The world would be a far far better place if a certain type of woman didn't open her legs for any and every one and if a certain type of man didn't stick his dick in anything that moved. Now I'm not saying anyone has any right to tell people how when and how often to have sex but if you make a choice you should have to deal with the consequences. Freedom is about personal responsibility!