View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
Dc,
You make some good points, but for some reason i'm the one that likes rowand... but whatever

and yes I know what baseball-refrence.com is, infact i recall reading an article a while ago saying that they should trade cano and melky + other stuff i don't remember for MIG

also this isn't fantasy baseball...Theres a better chance AROD comes back as opposed to them signing bonds

lasty MIGGY would play 3b...not DH

[/ QUOTE ]

Defensive metrics are fuzzy, but Andrew Jones has often been rated among the all time greats, Rowand hasnt and Jones is the better hitter. Of course Jones may have eaten himself out of his talent. You'll find out what Cashman thinks when you find out who he targets, he's got at least three FA options to upgrade at CF, if he keeps Melky it will say something.

And BRef doesnt have articles, its a repository of detailed stats, I think you are confusing it with primer or another site.

Not sure why you think Bonds is unsignable, he's a natural fit and is likely to be signable on a short term deal. Either way my point is that there are many options to get good offense out of the DH spot, its even possible Giambi could rebound and hit close to Miggys level.

The problem is for all of his hitting prowess and the runs he creates with his bat, Miggy is going to give a alot of them back with his iron glove. If Cano is a plus defender at a prime position like 2b the difference in defensive value can overcome their difference in hitting. Tejada is a plus defender, playing him at SS would be worth way more than Miggy. Miggy would have to DH and you'd be stuck with no hit 3b and 2b, so how does that improve the team?