View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Style and stats for 0.02/0.04?

I usually play 0.02/0.04 with PO turned off but I imported the most recent hands [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think you should realize that you edge is post-flop in these games. I only play 0.02/0.04 6-max to de-tilt but I have an understanding of the game because I have played a ton of play money limit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

My advice is to move up to 0.1/0.2 and learn there, because once you learn to beat 0.02/0.04 you will have so many bad habits that it will cost you even more to get rid of them.

If you insist on 0.02/0.04 remember that that game is decided post flop. I.e. KQ is a strong hand pre flop but its equity edge against ATC is pretty small still so if you misplay it post flop even the worst player will punish you.

They are not folding crap hands so value bet more.
They are not foldig crap hands so don't bluff.

Or more in detail ... ther are two kinds of players at this level. (6-max I would fall asleep in full ring)

1. Mainiacs
2. People who are unconfortable raising pre flop.

Against 1: 3-bet light pre flop. Valuebet them hard with things like TP and call down A LOT with middle pair and ace high. Also use them to raise for protection with weak made hands.

Against 2: Respect their raises, and iso raise them light. Value bet relentlessly with any made hand and A high untill they show resistance and check behind on the river a lot. Also you need the goods to put in a raise on a big street.

Raise your standard hands pre flop and add some more to your pfr range playing fit or fold with the weaker part of your pfr range. Call pf with everything that is speculative as long as the game is passive enough to alow you to do so for 1 SB. Remember, they might be paying attention to what you are doing -- but they still don't know how to exploit you.

Keep an eye on position when you chose to bet or c/r the flop so that you drive people out with when you want them out and keep them in with your strong draws. (and when you go for a c/r -- you know who is raising right? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Make a lot of freecard plays.

Dont be afraid to fold in high variance situations, your edge should be at least 10BB/100 if you play well post flop so giving up every now and then is not a huge mistake if you have to wager 6 BB for a +0.05 EV situation.

[i][Edit] haha, it works in nNL too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]