View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: The US Navy, State Dept, and the USS Liberty Captain Screwed-Up

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
a) the link I posted disputes the disobey order thing.

Your link does no such thing....cite the specific passage which does this. Don't bother because you can NOT. The order for the Liberty to approach no closer than 100 miles is part of American Naval records. Sign and dated by the commanding US naval officers. You can close your eyes to the facts as much as you want to but this won't go away. The Liberty was given the order, the captain did not obey this order. End-of-Story.

[/ QUOTE ]

in any case you have stated
a) the liberty deserved to be attacked
b) israel was right to attack her
c) US was correct not to defend her (air support) because israel was an "ally"
d) israel was right to machine gun lifeboats which in international law is universally recognized as a war crime.

I doubt many people would agree with you.

personally I don't know whether liberty was given/received the order, or if it was a made up thing of the naval inquiry which was a sham, or what, but I do know that ulitmately it really doesn't matter.

[ QUOTE ]
Your link does no such thing....cite the specific passage which does this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
#12889164 - 11/10/07 12:25 AM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

not sure what to make of what is a bunch of crap mixed with lies. don't know what to believe , but ultimately I don't think it matters for reasons already stated.

http://www.counterpunch.org/stclair1126.html

Quote:
On June 6, the Joint Chiefs sent Admiral McCain, father of the senator from Arizona, an urgent message instructing him to move the Liberty out of the war zone to a position at least 100 miles off the Gaza Coast. McCain never forwarded the message to the ship.

also another view on naval court you cited.

Quote:
McCain approved the report over the objections of Captain Merlin Staring, the Navy legal officer assigned to the inquiry, who found the report to be flawed, incomplete and contrary to the evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

in any case, do you agree there was a US coverup? that much seems certain.