View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Re: JJ faces reraise all-in out of the blinds

[ QUOTE ]
Well, changing that raise size is changing my fundamental game, not just about this hand. If I'm not short-stacked, I always pot bet or raise 4x (depending on which is smaller), no matter cards or position.

My games of choice do not include hold em, so I seriously have no idea why I would like to raise small here. Seems to just price in the BB to call if someone else calls. Especially 2.5x I don't understand. If I'm in the BB and someone raises that I am calling a lot of the time. ChipSpeak's reasoning that I am giving away extra information is not true; there is no hand I'd open for 3x with in EP

[/ QUOTE ]

If the blinds don't respect the position this raise came from, why would they care if it's 3x, 4x etc...
Raise less for pot control, deception, steals/information cost less.. Consider yourself in the bb, UTG opens for 2.5x, are you putting him on a specific weak range because of this, without reads, I give him a "scarier" range than the 4x...
many reasons to get that open down. If you're 4x'ing when antes kick in, you're spewing chips. 2.5-3x does the job nicely. Would you open 78s UTG with a 4x? 2.5x lets us open these for metagame purposes. I realize there's certain spots where we want to raise a bit more to price us in to a shove from a shorty etc.., but this position isn't one of them.

I forgot about the pot button on FT, resist the urge on PF opens...