View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: The Well: TheMetetron

[ QUOTE ]
Poker story?

[/ QUOTE ]

I started out playing $25NL and $6 SNGs on Party Poker at the end of 2004. At the time I was holding down a $10/hr crap job so the money was big. I busted my initial $100 deposit, but re-deposited like a good fish. I went on a whole bunch of luckboxing until I started to lose again.

At this point decided that I didn't like this losing stuff and couldn't afford it, so I went to pick up some poker books and for some reason got the 2+2 stuff by chance. Like everyone else I read it, found the web site, and started posted.

Began playing $.50/$1.00 limit (since the book taught limit) and moved up to $15/30 within months (ill-advised, under-rolled, players way better than me move). I was running good at $15/30 and was like "wow, I can make so much more playing this poker stuff than working... I'm going to stop working."

That was January 2005. Predictably, I got my ass handed to me and had to move down to $3/6 and $5/10, but eventually I made it back to where I started. Moved to Vegas in January 2006 and hit a snag where I propped for a while to make my money, but eventually moved up to $20/40-$50/100 limit. Moved to Sweden in August 2006 and then Buenos Aires in January 2007. Went on a retarded downswing at limit and swore it off. In February 2007, I spent the entire month learning No-Limit at $1/2 realizing I would probably break even on the month which was fine. Won around $5,000 and moved up to $2/4 in March and by the end of March was playing $2/4 and $3/6. Won $30,000 in March haven't had a worse month since. Since I've moved up to $5/10 and $10/20 which I currently play and want to start getting more $25/50 into my game as time goes on. My goal for next year is going to be half a million dollars and I think it is achievable.

I move to Bondi Beach, Australia (just outside of Syndey) in January 2008.