View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Style and stats for 0.02/0.04?

It's been a looooong time since I played .02/.04, but I did start there once upon a time. From what I recall, and I doubt it's changed much, tighter is righter--against typical opponents you can win big in these games by going into total rock mode. The charts in SSH & other books will tell you to play a relatively loose style in these games, but honestly...until you build up a bit more experience & confidence in your postflop play, I don't think there's anything wrong with playing something along the lines of 12/10/3 poker. I'm sure you'll be a winner with those numbers.

One thing I noticed in your post...

[ QUOTE ]
When going to showdown, they normally hit some ridiculous pair and cost all my pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not your pot until it slides over to you after the showdown. Don't think of it that way--you do your best to get your chips into the pot with an equity edge, but as soon as they enter that pot they're up for grabs. Or put another way, AK is just another 3-out draw vs. when you're staring at a T72 rainbow flop & your opponent holds A2o, no matter how big your edge was on the prior street.