View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Hand from villian\'s perspective (Reshef)

[ QUOTE ]
How is it that this forum can see these hands from the biggest 10/20 winner according to datamined HHs and call him a spew monkey, but when Hoss plays like this it's genius?

i'm sorry i know it's not everybody but it's some of you and that's for sure and that's embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are oversimplifying things a bit. I have never played with Hoss but I am fairly certain that the spots in which he makes plays (like Reshef did with the 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] vs. my AA) are deeply metagame based and also happen on the right kind of boards with the right kind of action. Given my image, the board, and the preflop and flop action, I would highly doubt Hoss would make that play. In fact, I am almost certain he wouldn't, as it is just stupid.

Reshef, on the other hand, multi-tables and likely doesn't pay as much attention to player tendencies/metagame as he should. This is not to say that he doesn't win, or that his play is not profitable vs. the average online player. It is to say, however, that a good player would wreck his ass if he continually did stuff like this.