View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: The house takes all the money.

There is some truth to what the OP is saying. BUT, this isn't the old days of poker where operators were taking 10% rake and busting everyone. Yeah 5% is pretty bad, BUT again, that is in full swing up to 5/10, and I'm talking LHE. Playing less than 1/2NL is the same killer. I have rakeback like a lot of people, but it's also like a rebate for an item you buy. You pay $200 for a nice cell phone with a rebate of $50 that takes 6-8 weeks. Why not just sell me the effen phone for $150 now? Again, there are many people who don't have rakeback, just like people who don't follow through with the rebate.

Seriously though, poker rake is similar to the old pyramid system. Sooner or later the whole world will go bust. The main difference is the money, and the less than avg. skilled poker players that exist in this world. This means, if it continuously gets fueled, the better players not only beat the current rake, but make good money. The % is still high, but not high enough where the better players can't win. It's pretty much a proven fact.

If someone can prove this theory wrong then I will quit the game.